My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sometimes we just miss out!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t428

I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT!!!
This past Saturday, 30 friends from United Wesleyan's Men's Ministry went to a Greenville Drive baseball game.
Well, I really wanted to be with my friends for fellowship, bonding and just to hang out. Several of us at at Golden Corral before going to the ball field.
Now you have to understand, baseball was always a sport that I find very boring, slow and non-entertaining. To make a long story short: BASEBALL HAS CHANGED!
I used to think this same thing about the sport of golf; why would anyone find it interesting try to get a ball into a hole 500 yards away? Now, one golf membership later, it is my favorite pastime (I emphasize pastime! I am in no way consistent enough to compete but love the sport!)
Anyway, we got to the ballgame and I was captivated by the excitement, enthusiasm and overall atmosphere. The entertainment between innings was just great. Gymnastic teams, clowns, dancing to the music, the crowd clapping in chorus, etc...
I was even more captivated by the efforts of these young men (baseball players) as they performed and try to work their way up into the majors.
Needless to say, I was convinced that a Greenville Drive baseball game is an awesome place to take your family and just relax....I am going back real soon...hopefully when the WV Power minor league team comes to town!

My question is:
1. What are you missing in life because of some mindset? Something happened in your past to dampen the thought of trying again?
2. Pastors and Ministers: Are you trying to draw people in to church, to Christ today like you did it twenty years ago? Bring some excitement with your message of salvation....

Just Tim with a thought! (and a lesson learned...I have been missing out on some good baseball!)


1 comment: