My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I had no idea a gray fox could climb trees!

Recently, my neighbor called me and reported that he saw two gray foxes in his garden. I notified another neighbor that has chickens.
The next day I mentioned to a friend on the golf course that foxes were spotted in our neighborhood. He said: "Gray foxes are a unique creature. They can climb trees, however, a red fox cannot."

Did you know that a grey fox can climb a tree? I had no idea. What in the world am I going to do if a gray fox chases me? I can't jump in the river because I assume they are good swimmers. I can't outrun a gray fox and now I find out they can climb trees and even descend very quickly! What is this world coming to?

Just Tim with a thought about God's creation. For some reason, God saw fit for a grey fox to climb a tree...

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/grayfox.html

Photo of Gray Fox by Patti McNeal

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I didn't know that.

    I don't think one would attack, unless it had rabies.

    I don't think that photo is from South Carolina . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. from what I have read a fox will run from a human unless they have rabies.
    I think that picture is from Liberty, SC...lol

    ReplyDelete